Re: 84 gti head

Your 84 GTI should have come with a solid lifter 1.8L JH code motor, the
same as your 1985 Scirocco.  The heads, if stock and unmodified, should be
the same.  THere may be subtle differences in injector seats and o-rings,
but it's doubtful.

Drew
84 Wolfsburg Ed.

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Braden Sayer wrote:

> I think I should know this, but it never hurts asking the pros...how is the
> 84 rabbit gti head, as compared to my 1985 JH head?  I seem to believe they
> are the same, but could be wrong.  Might have found a good low mileage
> source for a rebuild, p&p project I am trying to get off the ground.  Thanks
> guys...
>
> Brad

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca