Re: painting calipers

>I used DupliColor engine paint, plain 'ol "Red" (not Ford Red or anything
>like that). It matches Tornado Red quite well, IMHO. If you hold the
caliper
>right next to the body, you can just tell the difference, but not when it's
>inside the wheel.

Plastikote makes a basic red engine paint which is pretty close to Tornado
Red as well.

>I used a wire wheel to get all the rust & gunk off the calipers (you might
>want to wear a mask), and used paint thinner to clean them before painting.

I used the shop's parts cleaner to clean my calipers on my Beetle. The '67
European model (which I have and my boyfriend subsequently blew the motor
in) came with front disc brakes from the factory.

Just my $0.02