thanks brett/rearview mirror ?

i'd like to thanks brett for his little speedometer cable trick as it got my speedometer working today...thanks for that and the awesome looking guage faces again!

now my question...i've got a new metal mount for my rearview mirror, the one that attaches to the windshield...qeustion is, how do i get the old one off, and what should be used to mount the new one? as it is my rearview mirror won't stay on the old mount...anybody have any experiance with installing these?
TIA
-doug