Re: non-roc (2.0l block, digifant?)

>From: "Wm. Josiah Erikson" <scirocco@absomotherfuckinlutely.com>

>I've talked to a couple of people about both aspects of this, and this >is
>what they said. No personal experience.

>	1. Digifant basically sucks. You'll get less power than with just
>about any other fuel system

Agreed, not worth the trouble to mess with it. For A2 8v, the 85-87 GLI and
GTI 8v cars are the preferred picks, IMHO.

>	2. A 1.8 motor with 10:1 pistons is easier to do, and gets you
>damn close to as much power

Disagree! I've driven 3 RD cars (my GF's 86 GLI, my bro's 86 GTI and my 78
Scirocco with the RD) and none of them come close to my 2.0 in my 85
Scirocco. Granted, my 85 is much more tuned, but the 78 is also fairly
tuned, with an exhaust, etc. With everything else the same, the 2.0 will be
about 10-15 HP ahead of the 1.8. And the 2.0 has way more torque down low.
Makes me drool just thinking about it. (I havn't driven the 85 for a month,
BTW)

Also, putting in a 2.0 ABA is just as easy as putting in a stocker. You just
need to pay for the downpipe and the distributor(fix).

Swapping the 8.5:1 pistons for the 10:1 pistons will be easier, (you can
leave the block in the car) and the result will not disappoint.

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8
For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com