Re: Relay in front of battery

>From: Captnbr@aol.com

>While looking around the engine today I come across a relay that I never
>noticed before.  It is just in front of the battery.  Does anyone know what
>this relay is for?

this is the relay to make the fan go on high speed. My car didn't have a
relay in the socket when I got it, and for some reason I thought it was a
relay for the high beams. So I left it out. Didn't have any problems until I
sat in stopngo traffic on a hot day with the AC on. There was not enough
airflow, so the I pegged the temp in notime and the coolant warning light
came on. Turned off the AC and all was well.

As for the corroded wire, you can replace the wire, or entire harness. It is
a "stand alone" harness and if you use a inline fuse, you don't need to go
to the fusebox.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0