Re: 16v O2 Sensor Question

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>

Recently, I found a couple problems with my F.I. and fixed them,
now the car runs Wonderful without the O2 sensor hooked up and if it is
hooked up it runs like it has radical cams in it.

Isn't running like it has radical cams "wonderful"?  I'm always amazed how
after my car is tuned, the idle sounds more radical.  It kindda makes that
crazy idle like a Harley where you are amazed that it's running at all, but
it's idling steadily.  From your description, it sounds like the O2 sensor
is doing it's job, adjusting the mixture constantly.  When you unplug the
sensor, the system goes open loop and runs a little rich to avoid engine
damage.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition