16v O2 Sensor Question

Well, A while back I installed a Bosch 3 wire 02 sensor in my 16v.  I was
having problems with my F.I. so I hooked up the scanner at work and the
scanner read that it had a bad O2 sensor about 4 months after installing it.
I had pulled another one from a parts car (not a Bosch) so I pulled the
Bosch out and put the used one in and it had a better reading on the
scanner.  Recently, I found a couple problems with my F.I. and fixed them,
now the car runs Wonderful without the O2 sensor hooked up and if it is
hooked up it runs like it has radical cams in it.  With the O2 sensor
disconnected the only problem I have noticed is that it hunts for the idle
once in a while but still settles after a few seconds and runs smooth at
1000 rpm.  If ANYONE can shed ANY light on what my problem may be, it would
be greatly appreciated.  TIA!!

Dave