Re: power steering leak

----Original Message Follows----
From: HOTGTX@aol.com

Has anyone replace the seals in a power steering rack? Is it possible to do
this while it is in the car?  Mine is leaking out the driver's side.
Thankx
Dave
85 Scirocco GTX

Nope!  My factory-trained mechanics steered me away from trying to rebuild
the rack.  They said they did it once, it was a big pain and it started
leaking again in six months.  I would recommend getting a new or rebuilt
rack and just doing the swap.  Even that will be very hard.  GL!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition