Radio install...

Hey,
   How much 'fun' is it to run new speaker wires ?  I already have to re-solder extensions on the wires because the $%#%#ing PO took his unit out, cut the harness, and then attached the $5 wal-mart special into the car using wire-nuts!  I discovered this when the radio shorted while driving, so I pulled the radio out (all while driving..) and out came the mess.  I was very close from just throwing the radio out my window, and over the bridge...But I figured I should keep it so that I can match the wires up (being that there is a schematic on the radio).

Thanks In Advance,
   Steve H
    '88 16v Rocco