Re: Need a new car battery

> I've never used Optima batteries before but stay the hell away from
> Interstate... I had one blow up on me and there was nothing wrong with my
> charging system.  The battery was just a piece of shit.  And Interstate
> wouldn't honor their warranty. The battery wasn't even a year old.  Bunch of
> assholes!

Wow, this is the first time EVER I have heard something bad about
interstate.  I had a bunch of batteries before my current interstate
(Checker brand, sears, ac/delco, many others I can't remember) and the
interstate I have now is the best battery I have ever owned.  The auto
parts store I work for sells a tons of these batteries, in the six months
I have been there I have had to go back once with a battery that was DOA.
I hope what happened to you was a fluke cause I have had nothing but great
experiences with them and just bought their AGM 8000 model, which is a
sealed gell cell like Optimas, but a bit cheaper in price.  I guess time
will tell!

Eric