Re: Once again, a scirocco break in/theft.

Brian C Barrows wrote:

> Last June, mine was in the body shop getting the rear end fixed after yet
> another uninsured motorist decided to involve me in a game of "automotive
> billiards".   While in the shop, someone went into it and removed the 7
> year old am/fm cassette and thumpin' 5 1/2 inch speakers!(?)  There was
> no forced entry, and to top it all off, the body shop tried to return the
> car to me like there was nothing wrong with it!

That reminds me of a good one, way back in '81.. (shit am I THAT old??!!)

I had a year-old Honda Accord that got broadsided BAD (by an uninsured
motorist, natch) to the tune of about $3700 (on an $8000 car).  It was
in the shop for about 4 months, literally.. lots of stalling and excuses
about parts not being available.

So I go to finally pick the thing up, and a fucking RAT has gnawed away a
significant portion of the corner of the driver's seat!  Fuckers at first
tried to explain it off by saying that a screwdriver had gouged the seat
while being left in somebody's pocket - not that this would sound any
better to the customer of course - but it was clear that the thing had
been EATEN.  Fuckers ordered (and paid for) a new seat cover and foam,
which of course took weeks to get...

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0