Re: 16V Driveability, HVAC blower Q

At 08:28 AM 06/19/2000 -0500, Christian Els wrote:

>Unrelated, recently the 4th (highest) speed on the interior blower stopped
>working although the lower three are OK. I haven't looked in Bentley yet,
>can anybody save me some research time and tell me what to buy/repair?

Generally this is losing one speed while retaining the others is a symptom
of a bad blower resistor.  It is mounted near the blower motor, in the rain
tray.  There is a testing procedure in bentley, but I believe it involves
unsoldering the wires; but you have to do this to replace it anyway.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T