"New" car

I picked up my new '82 Saturday.  It was a long drive, but we made it home
without incident, and the car drove very nicely.  Good suspension, good
wheel bearings, good alignment - all the potentially annoying things.

I'm working on ironing out the idle problem (when it idles, it's at 2900
rpm), which I think is probably related to the surging problem that I get at
constant throttle.  Neither makes the car undriveable, but it will be much
nicer when I get them fixed.  I'm replacing the O-ring on the idle speed
adjustment screw, and I'm going to replace the intake boot on the fuel
distributor because there are several cracks in it.  They don't appear to go
through, but I can't be sure until I swap it with a good one.

I'm thinking about parting the '84, because I think it would work best for
racing.  If I do that, I'll probably sell a lot of the mechanicals, and let
someone come and take the rolling chassis for next to nothing.  Any takers?

Aaron
'82 Scirocco 1.7
'84 Scirocco 1.8 8V
'70 Bug - Hibernating