side trim removal-not a happy ending

well my side trim removal project did not see a happy ending...as mentioned before, the PO had taken the trim off to paint the car...the trim was then reapplied with double sided tape...needless to say it came off rather easy (in fact one piece was already missing and i wouldn't hesitate to say it probably fell off)...well all came off easy except for the piece on the drivers side door...the paint under this trim had bubbles and blisters in it so when i went to pull the trim piece off a lot of the paint decided to come off with it...ugh...so now i'm missing some paint down to the bare metal in some places where my trim used to be...the rest of the panels where the trim came off look great however...i guess i now have some body work to do...

-doug