Re: engine blow contest - was : Re: All this "done with VW's" crap

Josiah,
you didn't get the point of what I tried to say :

a) destroying things in general will lead us nowhere.

b)  intentionally destroying engines breaks my heart as an engineer for
combustion engines.
     it doesn't matter if an engine is "crappy" or not, my parents also have
POS VW engine
    in their VW Passat ( a 1.6l 100PS ), but I would never dare to toast it,
only  because
    it's worse than my DX-engine.

Scirocco-content :
I was driving the Scirocco convertible tonight,
great feeling to hear the 16V roaring through the silent night
and the twinkling stars in the clear sky above !
Hard to describe, take a hacksaw, cut off your roof  and feel it :-))
or :
try to bid on a Scirocco Hornstein convertible on :
http://www.private.ricardo.de/main_myricardo/detaila.phtml?lid=3632595
unfortunately no picture is included.
But it's a real Hornstein ( only about 70 were built ) !

I've never seen one of those for sale in the net before...
Starting bid is 7.000DM ( US$ 3.500 )

friendly Greetings
Dirk
http://www.Scirocco2.de/collection.jpg
Scirocco GTX '86  tin grey 16v 1.8l  KR "CABRIOLET"
Scirocco GTX '84  montegoblack 1.8l  EX "daily beater"
Scirocco GTX '84  montegoblack 1.8l  DX "DIGIFIZ"
Scirocco GTX '83  montegoblack 1.8l  EX "Black Cat"
--- COLLECT THEM ALL !! --- :-))
www.Scirocco2.de

Subject: Re: engine blow contest - was : Re: All this "done with VW's" crap