Re: All this "done with VW's" crap

-----Original Message-----
From: Feenix <feenix@javanet.com>
To: John Van Vuren <veedublu@prod.net>
Cc: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

>I was going to pass this thread up but now I just have to vent.

Yeah, me too...  I had said I was done with this thread, but I felt this
deserved a reply

VW's are
>not crap. Nor are Sciroccos.

Nobody said they were...  relax

Try owning an old ford or chevy.

I have..  maybe I should point out that I've owned hundreds of cars in the
past 10 years (literally...  those of you that know me can testify to this).
Therefore I feel I'm qualified to have my own opinions  ;)

Germany, are built WAY better than most mass produced piece
>of shits out of America. Factory standards and tolerances were and are
>still much tighter and stricter then Detroits.

Who said we were comparing VW's to only American cars?  I do remember
reading about Mustangs and Camaros, but also Mazda 323 GTX's and RX7's and Z
cars, etc.  I personally think most domestic vehicles are bad news (note - I
said "personally think").  I don't think anybody who has a clue will dispute
the comment that Japanese cars are, on average, more reliable than German
ones.  Doesn't mean they're as good overall (as I said in a previous post
they lack character), but we *are* talking about reliability

>This car still rides tighter than most cars half its age. What are you
>idiots bitching about?

So now I'm an idiot just because my opinion differs from yours?  Go fuck
yourself buddy...

*Now* I'm done with this thread  ;)

John

lotsa stuff