Re: Power Windows -NOT- in the Bentley!

--- Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com> wrote:
> Much to my distress, my recent PW failure led me to
> search for a possible
> cause. Not only are there not ANY info in the
> Bentley about the PW
> system, but there's not even a reference to them in
> any way either,
> anywhere.
>
> (VWoA P/N: LVP 800-104. "80-84" A1's and its red.)
>

> So, without having to tear apart the wiring system
> to trace the wiring
> from the door, anybody know WTF? Hidden fuse
> somewhere, Inline fuse??
>

> Shawn Meze

Shawn,
In my red 80-84 book (same part number)I have a power
window diagram for 1983-84 sciroccos on page 154
section 6 it also shows a relay that should be the
upper left one as you looks a the fuse/relay panel
(this is on page 87 section 6). I will be happy to
scan these for you tomorrow if you need, but there is
only one relay for both windows. And the pass switch
goes through through the drivers dual switch.

Now looking at this deeper I see that the 84 is listed
in the fuse/relays panels as having the relay  and
fuse. They state a 30 amp above the fuse box, maybe on
the relay/inline?

HTH???

Ya going to Driversfest?

=====