My check from mike

dear mike and fellow listers,
    i just got my check from mike leach, i am sorry for any inconvinence i
have caused for him on the list. this is a public appolgy for the service of
the united states postal service.
    The envelope was post marked june 1st like he said. He lives rochester
and i live in asheville nc. The check arrived here today the 13th. i would
have normally suspected that the peice of mail was lost, but the top of the
envelope was carefully torn open, with part of the top section of the check.
I recieved the peices in a plastic bag appologizing for the destruction of
the mail.
    I would like to say that it was an accident, but we all know how the
postal system and it's employees have made a reputaion for themselves. mike,
if i were you i would carefully watch my account for any strange debits from
it. i will take the check to the bank to see if it can be cashed tommorow.
    once again i am sorry for the inconvinece that this has caused mike, who
seems to be a really nice guy. i am also sorry for the waste of bandwidth,
but i do believe that this is a problem that needed to be adressed. keep a
eye on your public servants.

thanks
-alan