Re: New 16v Key!

>I had a similar problem but the PO had replaced the nifty cool 16V with a
>VW
>steel type and when my cool key arrived they gave me some grief about
>keying
>it because the blank was steel and told me to take it to a key smith. But I
>informed them I ordered a new 16V key from them....not a blank, so they
>could
>cut it and key it to my ignition and locks themselves. They did so
>grudingly.
>If you payed 42 bucks for a key from VW they should key it for you car at
>no
>extra charge.
>
>Shannon

NOPE, the damn stealership told me that they won't take on any new customers
with "OLDER" cars like mine cause they were so buisy with the people buying
new cars, and also cause theier stupid ass mechanics don't seem to know how
to work on the more simple "older" cars!  I agreee with you, but they didn't
seem to.  Oh whell, i just got a ticket today for no front plate, and tinted
drivers door windows (wich i will not be taking off, just gonna pay the fine
and hope i don't get cought again) so i don't have too much money to blow
right at the moment so i will have to go with 2 keys :(

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
'84 Rabbit GTI
'84 Jetta GLI (FOR SALE or TRADE for scirocco S!)
'84 Jetta GLI (parts car)
My web page (work in progress!)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~xscirocco16vx/index.html