Re: how the hell do i get injector seats out???

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:05:51 -0500 "Gerry Reichelt"
<greichelt@mmcable.com> writes:
>    Have you checked your exhaust to see if it's clogged? A bad cat
> can cause these symptoms.
>    Gerry

It's definitely more likely than bad injector seats... With bad seats, it
would normally just run bad...
They sell a backpressure test gauge that screws in where the O2 sensor
goes,
and it will tell you if the exhaust is clogged up cat, without separating
the exhaust..

I would also check your fuel pressure, it kind of sounds like a fuel pump
going bad.

If you don't have the proper pressure, the injectors won't spray,
but the cold start valve is electrically opened, and that might be enough
for it to start up for a couple of seconds.
I've seen that on a GTI before....

Did it start running bad, or did it just quit for no reason?

 I have
> replaced everything in the fuel system, as well as cap rotor, wires,
plugs
> etc and she still doesn't wanna run.  It starts and runs for 2 seconds
than
> just dies, any opinions on the matter would be appreciated too.
>
> Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V