Re: wheels

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:56:13 -0700 (PDT) Scottish <scottishs@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Just got a quick question, I have on my car 185 60 r13 and I found
> these nice audi rims, and I think I can get them cheap, but they're
> r15, this will raise the height of the tire by two inches, will it
> then hit the inside of the fender when turning, if I don't get
> performance tires??
>
> =====
> Scottish
> '87 Black Roc

You better check that bolt circle...

Sciroccos take a 195 50 15 on 15" wheels, which is a vast improvement
over 185 60 13.
The reasons that it won't be 2" taller:
1. it would be ~1 inch taller if you ran a 185 60 15, since the diameter
is divided by 2.
2. the lower lower profile tire makes up for the larger wheel.

I've tried running 185 60 13's and it handled horribly, 185 60 14's
handle great though.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V