Re: Best coolant?

> >> Whatever is on sale.  :)
> >
> >Is "whatever is on sale" phosphate-free? I din't think so. FWIW, I use
> >the orange Prestone 5-year. (Comes an a silver bottle, EZ to find,
> >phosphate free, and not too expensive.)
>

>You see, you fail to realize that when it comes to coolant, I-DONT-CARE.
>Coolant is coolant.

My .02$

If you dont use the dealer antifreeze in a Vanagon it causes excessive
electrolysis in the cooling system and consequently corrodes the aluminum
heads and block where the head gasket is. This applies to any aluminum head
whether or not it has an iron block. Bottom line: Do you want your head to
be corroded?

BTW I have documented proof of this damage so if anyonee doesnt beleive me
feel free to email about it.

Oh and the orange shit has had recalls for RUSTING the block and it has
nothing to do with the color of the coolant.

Sorry Sean; just had ta poke a little ;)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag (Broken 2 Cylinder :()