Re: gas tank recall

As I say always with this topic...KEEP ASKING..
it took me 4 dealerships to get my new tank..it had already been "fixed" by
the origonal owner. one VERY nice dealership called VWoA and the gods of VW
recalls said "no problem".
keep going back, and call all dealers in a hundred mile area.
ps Shannon, you just are not a cool as me!!!
j/k

At 02:26 PM 6/12/00 -0400, you wrote:
>My gas tank just busted a leak and I know that a recall went out in
>1991 for this reason.
>
>Question:  According to my local VW dealer the previous owner had the
>car checked out in 1992, but it doesn't seem like she got the tank
>replaced.  The guy at the dealer said that the issue was closed and
>they wouldn't replace the tank.
>
>Am I screwed, or was the guy talking garbage?
>
>I remember hearing of a few instances where some listers had to raise
>a little hell to get the work done so I am getting ready to do some
>yelling if I have a leg to stand on.
>
>And  if I am screwed, anyone got a gas tank they want to sell me?
>
>Victor
>in Washington, DC
>
>--

BEAT RONALD MCDONALD WITH A TIRE IRON