Re: Mini Cooper s

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:59:18 -0400 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:

>I lust for a a Mini Cooper S done up in red Monte Carlo rally trim. It'd
have to
>be a hotted up 1300cc example with a Jack Knight 5-speed, (big!) 13"
>Minilight
>rims, rollcage, and a rack of Hellas on the front. Would I trade my
rallycar for
>one.... Probably! Danger be damned; let's have some fun! Braaaap,
>braaaaaaaaap.... I'd go hunting for ricers and show'm whose boss!
>
>"Whaddya know 'bout this, hmm... PUNK?"

Heres a (lame) story for ya that I know you will enjoy.

When I was stationed in Germany, probably circa 1987 or so, I was
blasting down thru the autobahn going to Frankfurt in my modified 320i (I
shoe horned in a straight 6, wee!) at its top speed of 145mph. I see
lights comming up behind me FAST. Much to my amazement its a little tiny
red car with go-cart wheels doing at LEAST 160 mph! I had to ask somebody
later on what the hell it was that just blew my doors. I had never even
heard of one much less seen one.
Got my attention and all my respect........ I slowed down to about 120
mph and moved over to the slow lane. LOL!!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!