Re: small in car fire extinguisher

> i was just wondering about what could possibly wrong with having a fire
> extinguisher in your car.

I thought I was just baggin' on a good friend of mine for no particular
reason.  FWIW, I think in-car fire extinguishers are really a good idea.
Unfortunately I never have the motivation to install one.  Plus, the wife
would really have to be convinced beyond the "it never hurts to have one"
argument.

There is a product that will come to the market in a year which is currently
in use by some branches of the armed forces on their vehicles.  It mounts
under the hood, and activates when the under hood temps reach a certain
point (I'm sure they have done their homework and know how hot that would
be).  All you do is strap this thing under there and forget about it.
Installation probably takes 10 minutes.  It will be available through new
car dealerships (not limited to new cars however) and be associated with a
discount from most insurance carriers.  Very cool stuff.
Very effective.

Everybody please relax. :)  I'll start using that smiley face more often.
:) Damn, is it that time of the month already?! :)

Ps, Alan, your page is cool and I think your car looks badass.  Maybe I
could add my Scirocco to your page?

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR

> Subject: Re: small in car fire extinguisher
>
> yeah there is a pic of it on the web on my site at
> <http://members.tripod.com/krautwagen/index_m.htm>.
i see no negative setbacks that could