A2 style hubs? bear with my thoughts.

I think I may have been misunderstood.

A. Converting to A2 hubs and tie rod ends would eliminate lowered
A1 bump steer from the tie rods sitting lower than they normally
would. I snagged this from reading a 4x4 magazine and seeing how
it's a problem on them.

B. Converting to the A2 strut assembly with A1 upper strut
bearings would possibly allow more suspension travel. Something
the A1 chassis lacks . Or would it not alter the travel? I think it
would.... My question is since the A2 struts are longer and the
housings possibly different in length , would this upset the caster
at all? Too much caster is bad, I like being able to turn and not just
go straight..... Worse case scenario I try this on the project GTi
with some junkyard A2 stuff. Would the A1 ball joints bolt into the
bottom of the hub?

C. I think we have it nailed that getting wheel bearings and axles to
fit is not a problem at all, now we are left with seeing if it is going to
have any negative affects on the A1 chassis front end. Most
notably caster, since it's really not adjustable on macpherson strut
cars. I can deal with the camber plates and crash bolts in A2 struts
for the lack of bump steer in the A1 chassis. Am I just beating a
dead horse here, or does this sound feasible and good to anyone
else?

D. I don't know, throw ideas out people, or criticize me and call me
stupid.

Thanks,
	Gary "eager to play wannabe engineer" Huff