RE: Broken Odometer

i can't remember what kind of car this was for, but i just recently fixed my odometer on my 88 16v which was sticking...the problem was that the metal gear after the numbers was slipping on the rod that goes through all of the numbers...if this seems to be the problen you can take the rod out and bur it ever so slightly with some needle nose pliers and the metal gear should fit on there snuggly now...i can send some more detailed instructions on this if you'd like...HTH

-doug

------Original Message------
From: WaspHwy@aol.com
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: June 10, 2000 6:14:33 PM GMT
Subject: Broken Odometer

After removal, disassembly, and inspection, I didnt find a little cracked
white gear. the only think I find wrong is a small, metal, 3 pronged "thing"
just in front of the trip odometer gear. it is loose and doesnt seem to be
connected to anything. The restet stick is also slightly broken, but
functional. any ideas?