Re: Forced Induction/EIP?

>Also, has anybody had any dealings with EIP tuning?  I probably will
>use their kit and/or have them perform the work since I just don't
>have a lot of time these days.  Please give me your opinions and
>ideas.
>Thanks.
>
>80 SciroccoS

Turbo'ing a 1.8L or a 2L 8v is probably exactly what you want to do here to
meet your goals.  It's admirable you actually have a plan. :) Most of
turbo systems sold today for VW's go on top of the motronic engine
managment so take that into account...the older units used CIS but
fueling wasn't as exact.  Also, Momentum Motorsports is working on a
new 16v turbo system also...could be of interest to you.

Finally, no matter what you do: Do Not But Anything From EIP.  Do Not
Have Any Work Performed By EIP.  Never.

I have spoken with waaay too many dissatisfied customers, not to mention
the many many internet horror stories.  Just Stay Away From EIP.

There's another shop in Maryland (I think) that does a bunch of forced
induction VW work also...what's their name again?  Motortechnik. I would
strongly suggest taking a stroll through the links section on scirocco.org
for other likely tuners.

Again, Say No To EIP.  Ask around, you'll see.

==Brett