Forced Induction/EIP?

Hi ladies and gents,
I own a clean 1980 Scirocco S and am looking to get just a little (tons) more umph out of the engine.  I would like to achieve 200 to 250 wheel hp and believe that forced induction is the only way to go.  Right now the car has a 1.8L in it.  I am open to all options including Turbo the existing engine, Turbo a different engine (presumably 16V), Drop a G60 with upgraded supercharger in it, or even an Audi 20V Turbo.  After examining the VR6 option, I have determined that the weight will upset the vehicle's handling too much to justify this swap.

I have been looking at various manufacturers of turbo kits and aftermarket supercharger suppliers to determine the most HP for the most reasonable cost.  I assume that many on the list have done the same and would like to hear some people's educated opinons on what route will yield the best results.

Also, has anybody had any dealings with EIP tuning?  I probably will use their kit and/or have them perform the work since I just don't have a lot of time these days.  Please give me your opinions and ideas.
Thanks.

80 SciroccoS