Re: Oil pressure sender -- was - Re: oil light problem

>From: Jeffrey Lowe <scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com>

>--- thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
> > I prefer the VDO electrical sender with the dual
> > output, one for the
> > gauge, and the 2nd for the idiot light.
> >
>How the hell can this work when there are two senders?
>One for the low end bar and one for high end bar(I
>think it's <1.5). Wouldn't you need two senders with
>dual output, and a gauge with dual input or Y adapter?

Do you have a Bentley? If not, get one. When you do, or if you have one,
read it. There is a well written section on the Dynamic Oil Pressure Warning
System in there. I suggest keeping the bentley next to the crapper, it makes
for excellent bathroom reading. It helps to know how the systems in your car
works, especially all the electricals. Believe me, figuring out the wiring
diagrams for the electronic ignition system really helps when trying to
pinch a log. :-)

But I digress, the answer to your question is that the dual sender replaces
only one of the original sensors. The dual sender has a switch that is
identical to the one that it replaced, and it also has a pressure sensor
that connects to the gauge. The ranges and switch specifics are stamped on
the sender(s).

Also I think Summit Racing sells 170 degree C VDO temp sensors.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8