Re: Thanks for the memories...(longish)

> >I made a few Gtech runs.
> >My fastest time was a 6.84 seconds 0-60,  and a 15.43 @ 92.9 MPH.
>
> So what kind of numbers did the Mad Bastard put out??  Inquiring minds
(who
> were too lazy to drive to Cincy) want to know...

    well, me and marco went down to the same patch of blacktop that brett
did his runs on (it was a coincidence), and i pulled off a 7.2 0-60.  i
would like to point out that i only got the one run in before being scared
off by a couple of headlights coming towards us.  also, when we ran, first
gear was absolutely useless.  my tires just spun and spun.

> >Daun can lay down a patch of rubber when he wants to.
>
> Really?  Mildly surprising...  not that he can, but that he would ever
want
> to...

    he's a maniac.  what can i say?  c'mon, who else was pulling all the
reverse 180šs down his driveway last year, eh?  daun "mad animal" yeagley.

> >Jason B. can build a really quick VW.
>
> How quick?  Numbers man!!

    ok, time for more excuses.  the car was finally put together at 6.30am,
friday morning.  yes, the same friday that we drove 6 hours to cinci.  i
didn't get the alignment done, the tires i had on the front are
uni-directional, and of course, i managed to get two of the same directional
tread.  i dunno how much of a difference that made, but i can assure you
that because the temperature outside was so bloody hot, the car ran shitty.
it's been tuned to run at night.

    with that said, i can now say that i ran a 9.25 1/8 mile, which
basically works out to a 14.43 1/4 mile.  i've got to work on my 1st gear
traction issues.  with that handled, i **should**, and i stress the word
"should", be able to break into the 13s.  i just might be going to the local
track tomorrow night, so we'll see what happens.

> >I've probably forgotten a dozen things, but these are some of the
> highlights.

    lemme throw in some of my own memories.  dinner on saturday was the
bomb!  big thanks to perry for cooking the grub whilst the rest of us
chilled out with our dub things.  oh yeah, and can't forget the fact that
daun's folks went out and supported our hungry guts every morning.  you guys
are the best, no doubt.

    the presence of marcos super ill yamaha R6.  omigod, have you ever gone
200km/h on 2 wheels?  if that isn't nutty enough, have you ever done it in
as much time as it takes to read this paragraph?!  holy shit, i have!  it's
something else altogether.  that super-fine line of near-death, and intense
adrenaline buzz is extremely intoxicating.

    as much as i respect them, i don't think that i could own one.  when me
and marco were on our way back from our little blast down the ohio highways,
some fucking tit in a pickup made a left turn in front of us, and ended up
coming towards us in our lane!!  wtf?  right away i couldn't help think
about chris taylor, and how he had no chance to react to the ignorance all
around him.  how do these dimwits get their licences?

    anyways, cinci rocks, the yeagley clan rocks, all ya'll that showed up
rocked, and all your cars looked sweet as hell.  i cannot wait til next
year!  shit, i can't til waterfest either.  it's going to be a blast!

jason
the mad bastard