Re: Adjustable cam gear?

>Anybody running an adjustable cam gear on their 1.8 8v?  I'm getting my
>rocco back from the shop soon and I was wondering what a cam gear would
>do for me.  I do have an Autotech 268 cam......
>
>Thanks,
>Nate
>'84 coming home soon!!!!

Adds about zero hp.  Really. ;)

It _will_ however move the torque you have up or down the rpm band a bit.

A few degrees advance will really wake up your low end for more light
to light speed...while a few degrees of retard will set you up nice
for the back straight during a road race...if you get my meaning.

Generally, advancing the cam moves your torque peak down the rpm
range, retarding it moves your torque higher up the rpm band.

A cam gear can (advanced a few degrees) also compensate for the natural
valve train retard due to decking your head.

==Brett