Re: Gas tanks and holes in rear panel.

Before you dump 100$ on a gas tank call VW  and see if you can
get it replaced for free under the recall. You call them, give them
your vin and they tell you whether or not the recall has been done.
If it hasn't go to the stealership and get it for free. If not then go
about forking over hard earned cash for a design flaw.

 :)