From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Daun Yeagley
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 11:47 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Couple of 16v questions

Guys & gals,

I'm working on this "new" 16v and have come up with a
couple of questions.

First - the brakes.  You can hit the brake pedal and it'll
be fine, but then slowly start for the floor...   I'm
guessing the master cylinder is hosed, right?

Second - I've got an odd noise at around 3500 RPM on up.
It sounds like it's coming from the head in the vicinity of
the cam chain, likely being the cam chain itself.  How
difficult a job is it to replace?  It looks fairly straight
forward in the Bentley.

Thanks for any and all suggestions / answers.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 & '87 Scirocco 8v
'87 & '88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of
the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.