Thanks for the memories...(longish)

Ok, Cincy get together one more time. :)

I promise that the entire weekend was not filled with sicko stuff and
swearing...although it might seem a little like it. :-)

Anyway, it really was a wild get together.  We had 35+ Sciroccos at
one time or another, which has got to be some sort of record around
these parts!

Cruising around was super fun, it's sooo sweet to see these little
Sciroccos on the move.  Our cars look like little toys when driving
next to other huge cars...ilke a New Beetle.

Pictures will be forthcoming at some point soon.  The VW symbol was
much better this year, thanks to the directions of 'Spider' Ben up the
radio tower and the larger number of cars we had on hand.

Tech procedures were going on all over the yard and garage.  Quite
successfully I might add!  I even changed my front motor mount, seems
built 2 liters are a bit hard on TT HD mounts....

I made a few Gtech runs.  Now, I am no drag racer or anything...I
mean I didn't even think about it enough to lower the pressure in
my front tires from 35psi to 20psi or so.  The road was by no means
smooth, and was a patch work of pavment...a good amount of wheel
spin...blah blah blah...all that said and done... ;)
My fastest time was a 6.84 seconds 0-60,  and a 15.43 @ 92.9 MPH. As
a comparison, one of the fastest published Corrado VR6 times I've
seen is a 15.3 1/4 and a 0-60 of 6.8.  Whoa.

Rich Deede and I did a couple of 4th and 5th gear highway roll ons
and we were tied together.  Could have passed a glass of water between
our cars at 110+mph. :)  Rich and I have taken a few different tuning
steps along the way, but have arrived at pretty much the same place
oddly. :)

Here are a few other observations:

We are a crazy bunch of individuals.  Totally.  Putting us all in
a small area creates quite a stir.
Daun can lay down a patch of rubber when he wants to.
McDonalds will stall so they don't have to make breakfast.
Josh can really clear a restaurant with a few well places explictives.
Jason B. can build a really quick VW.
It's hard to believe that we all start with the same basic cars, given
the HUGE number of different modifications we do.
What brings us together is the cars, but come to find out, we actually
like each other (mostly). :-)!
Jason C. can put together some mad cool car videos (can I hire you?)
Many people are younger then you might think.
Only a few are older. :)
We have the _best_ toys.  Really.
Apparentely there _are_ Turbo Plymouth Acclaims! (ask Marco).
Given enough wheel spin on the part of a Corrado, a well driven 1.8L 16v
can hustle down the 1/8 mile faster then said Corrado. :-)
Some people don't seem to like it very much when you merely _pretend_
like your going to try and go between them up the middle line on the
thruway.  No sense of humor what-so-ever...like why do people have to
sit next to each other blocking both lanes without checking their mirrors?
It takes 6 minutes for a BMW 733i to cut a swath through 10 Sciroccos.
A Honda Civic could not cut their way successfully through 4 Sciroccos.
Mike L. _likes_ being the pivot man.
This get together is a really really fun time, and I'll do it again. :)

No engines were harmed during the weekend.  No one was stopped by the
police (as far as I know!).  No one crashed into anything.  Besides
sunburn no one was hurt.

I've probably forgotten a dozen things, but these are some of the highlights.

==Brett