Re: 1.816V to 2.016V Driving Impressions

Shannon Fenton" wrote:
> I kind of raced DavidBs 1.8 in CA from a rolling start at 15-20mph and
pulled on > him in every gear.  When I say "pulled on him" I dont mean blew
his doors off but > visably pulled past him. David any comments?

Thanks for the kind words Shannon.  Yes, the 2L was strong and stayed in
front of me in all the gears for at least one car length.  For my brief
drive in Shannon's car (to the car wash on Saturday before the New
Dimensions show) the 2L had noticeable torque above my cammed 1.8.  Maybe if
Shannon were to lug an engine core around in the hatch, I would be able to
pull on him consistently :)

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI