Re: WTB CAT SHELL// CAM QUESTIONS

If you are going to get a 272 cam you NEED to get new valve springs or else the stock ones will fail and you will shoot a valve into the compression chamber.  I have seen the results of this, and it ain't purty.

Victor

>>> Anthony Pelletier <vwnuts@yahoo.com> 06/01 10:37 PM >>>
Hello list,

I need to find a cat shell for my friends 8v.  I just
need a stock 8V cat shell.  Any one have one??? email
me..

I also need cam suggestions for my friends 8v.  I
haven't checked out 8v performance lately so I need
your advice.  His motor is an JH 8v with a header and
tt cat back.  We are also putting on the golf throttle
body.  (btw how did you guys rig up your full throttle
switches?)  I am thinking a g-grind might be a bit
mild for his tastes.  A 272 sounds like a good bet for
him, but we don't want to have to upgrade the valve
springs.  Anyone running Kent cams???

tia
Tony
(working on 8v's again--- god there is so much room in there!!)