Re: Water pump removal on PS equipped car

On a semi-related note.  I just got done replacing the
manual steering rack, and OHMYGAWD it is a different
car.

You don't notice how screwed up things are until you
fix them...

Mark
--- Mark Peele <type53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- DNK006@aol.com wrote:
> > Sorry, I can't help with this question.  Just want
> > to add an aditional
> > question to this thread.
> > On Cars with PS, is there an easy way to change
> the
> > thermostat, or does the
> > powerst. pump have to be removed???  I kinda get
> the
> > idea that VW's with PS
> > were n afterthought for silly Americans...
>
> I can't help with the thermostat question (that MF
> PS
> is in the F%&$&%&%& way!), but your comment on the
> PS
> being for Americans is on the money. PS is verrry
> rare
> on european Sciroccos.
>
> I'm really glad none of my Sciroccos have PS (No
> MK1s
> were delivered with PS), and I am about to replace
> the
> PS on my Golf GT with a manual rack . . .
>

> =====
> Mark Peele
> 1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987
> Golf GT
> http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
> Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
> Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/
> (Potterman)
> or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)
> or http://www.newdimensions.com/ (TurboTim)

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/