Re: Water pump removal on PS equipped car

--- DNK006@aol.com wrote:
> Sorry, I can't help with this question.  Just want
> to add an aditional
> question to this thread.
> On Cars with PS, is there an easy way to change the
> thermostat, or does the
> powerst. pump have to be removed???  I kinda get the
> idea that VW's with PS
> were n afterthought for silly Americans...

I can't help with the thermostat question (that MF PS
is in the F%&$&%&%& way!), but your comment on the PS
being for Americans is on the money. PS is verrry rare
on european Sciroccos.

I'm really glad none of my Sciroccos have PS (No MK1s
were delivered with PS), and I am about to replace the
PS on my Golf GT with a manual rack . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)