From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Shawn C Meze
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 11:36 AM
To: chungsteroonie@yahoo.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Damn lug nut!!!

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:21:48 -0700 (PDT) Pei-Chung Ting
<chungsteroonie@yahoo.com> writes:
>WHat do you do if you sheer a lug nut off inside the
>front hub?  Can you drive at all with only 3?  Or do I
>have to remove the spindle and then take it to a shop
>to drill out and re-tap?  And then have to go in for
>another alignment?
>
>Sucks.
>
>-'Chung

I had this happen on my GLi most recently. (It was there one day, gone
the next.)
My solution is to buy a new hub and bearing since the remaining 3 lug
holes are somewhat chewed up. Drilling and tapping isnt really an option
for me. If it were, id just drill the remaining bolt and remove it. You
should be able to do it on the car. Even a shop should be able to do it
on the car as well. Shouldnt cost you too much this way either.
The car has been driven (Julie drives it damn hard too!) for the last
week with no problems. (knock-knock.)

HTH!