CIS-E tuning/setting information.

List,
        Car in question is an 86 16v car. I have a week off work coming up
in which I have to get my car running as best as possible so I can get to
without eating lots of gas or being poisoned by noxious exhaust fumes.

I have a question about setting the idle. Which wire do I take the reading
off of in order to get the duty cycle of the idle stabilizer valve? I know
this can be done by ear, but since im replacing the o-ring on the idle
adjustment screw I'd rather do this *RIGHT* the first time, then redo my
timing and mixture settings for a good running 16v scirocco. Another
question, where can I rent/buy a meter that also does duty cycle along with
the other things that multimeters normally do? How much are they? Thanks,
                                    Gary Huff