Of Markov, Greg
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 9:58 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: [cooling] Water Wetter concoction, de-ionized water

-----Original Message-----
From: Antaki [mailto:wrack@home.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 11:31 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM

No chemist I, but I wonder, would de-ionized water seek to replenish it's
lost ions by leaching from the engine and cooling system components??

Anyone?
(For Vanagon list members, this was posted in the Scirocco list, but I know
there are a lot of smart poeple here who can provide insight. I will post
answers there.)

>       I have some Water Wetter on the way and am wondering what the best
> mix of coolant would be for me to put in. For summer, should I run WW and
> mostly water with a little coolant? I can get some super clean de-ionized
> water from the chem lab. Is it a good idea to use de-ionized water? I'm
> interested to hear what people have found to work best for summer/winter..
>
> tia,
>
> ___Wojciech Galecki___
> '84 8v Scirocco

 R    ô¿õ
Antaki

 Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.