Re: Rear Disk conversion (wheel stubs)

Using the stock early 8v rear axle will work but it will require grinding.
Nothing major but, a little grinding. It is not necessary to use the GTi
axle. The 'rocco one will work fine and require the same amount of grinding
BUT, the GTi axle "might" have more gusseting and therefore better axle
rigidity.

> > Scirocco 16V disks to be installed in my 81 Rocco.  I don't have the
>rear
> > axle from the 16V rocco but I am using the axle from a 83 GTI.  I read
>
>   wouldn't it be possible to just use the rear wheel stubs? is the
>complete axle really necessary? i realize this is going on a mki, but it
>seems as if i remember somwhere that you can buy wheels stubs for a drum
>or disc brake setup. i've only 8v's, though, so i can't really check on
>my own. anyone? (sorry, sal)
>
>--
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
>< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com