RE: hungarian Scirocco meeting

> Can you suggest something to this event?

I can think of something!

> We are planning this on 5th August, this will be the 1st in Hungary.
> Plans are:
> beauty contest
> group picture making
> parts trade

These are must! :)

> drag race is not officially planned because the police guard
> would cost too
> much and we want to make it free.
> We won't pay the place too, because they told us an irrational price
> ($4/square yards)

Well, Scirocco meet without a raceing is like a cowboy without a hat,
so you have to put some pressure to your mind to sort out how to
organize things so that you can have a race somewhere. Don't you
have a free parking lot or training field where you can have at least
some kind of race. I have been now on three meets and I've seen how
well they are organized without spending any money. For example
one local car club organized a race. 4 different events slalom, sprint
with stopping exactly on finis line (big fun), elements and auto-x. It
was held on old military airfield without nobody knowing it. The posts
for making the road and elements on field where empty plastic 2 litre
Coca bottles filled with some sand to keep them in place in case of
some wind. Everybody who finished first got a paper that he was first
 or second or third on this and this event. So we had fun all day long
and it actually cost nothing. Everybody had to held themselves back
for a while and not throw away coca bottles for some time, and take
them with you. 20 lists of paper for making the diplomas and race
guides is something you can afford.

> Dirk suggested some game: groups have to find hidden things and there are
> instructions what to do next (find another hidden thing or go somewhere)

Sounds like fun.

Well if want to know more precisely about it write back or if you want
to see the pics of the event go to address:
http://www.hot.ee/mux/af2000/
You can even see me changing the tire of my car over there.
We'd a tire changing contest over there too, I changed the tire of
my roc within 2 minutes and 22seconds. Beat me! :) (BTW it's a Hint!)

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!