Re: Dubfest 2000 - Hollywood Park, September 3rd

Doug Teulie wrote:

> That weekend is supposed to have a SCCA Auto-x at H Park.
> I will probably be at the SCCA event and I invite all Sciroccos
> to attend the Auto-x. Dude this could be a huge event.

I just realized that this is Labor Day weekend.. didn't notice that the show
date is Monday.  As I make it a point to NEVER go out of town on Labor Day
or Memorial Day (every freakin' once-a-year vacationer is out on the roads
and lakes, making life treacherous for the rest of us!), this works well
for me.  Don't know if you noticed on the show website, but they are having
an auto-x in conjunction with the show on Monday.  Now we know how - they
are obviously keeping the same course, as they say it's set up by the
SCCA.

> We could have a huge party on Sunday evening.
> It is time to find a place to stay and have a party.

I like it.. great idea!  I'm game, and can once again accomodate 1-3 listers
from NorCal (or wherever!) who need a place to crash..   :D

> I did not attend the OC Fair show last year so I can't
> say if that was better. Shawn, Dave Mc and I were
> the only listers at the show. I think that 8 Sciroccos were
> in the line up. Not bad for a sleeper. We could do much better
> this year.

There are 2 Al Martinez shows here each year.  The second one is in 2 weeks.
The Europaisch boys (local SoCal club) were so irritated with how Al and
his boyz treated the watercooled guys at the June show this year, that they
have scheduled their own get-together for the same date for the watercooled
crowd.  It's at a park someplace in Irvine (prolly right next to Frank's
place!).  That's another event we should try to get all the locals out to,
the Europaisch boys are a bunch of good shits and would be cool to hang
with... SoCal guys, check www.europaisch-sport.com for info.. and be there
if you can!

> Sunday we will need to find a spot for the party.
> Well who is up for this?

I'm up for it.  A public place for Sunday would be cool, but being labor
day weekend, could be difficult.. maybe we need somebody with a big house
where we could throw something??

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0