RE: Rev-limiter removal?

All this talk of rev limiters and knock sensors has made me offer up my
experience this last weekend.

I swapped my knock-box and readjusted my timing. The engine now winds up to
the full mark on the gas gauge. Before it would only go to about 6800 RPM's.
I am using carbs with the stock FP relay in my '80. NO rev limiter!! Wooo
HOOO!!!!

>Ok, I found two wires that were supposed to fit on a switch on the throttle
>body. According to Chiltons (Because I didn't see it mentioned in the
>Bentley) belongs to fuel enrichment. Rebuilt the switch and used new
>connectors and WOW.
>How come my rocco does not have this feature?
>Though I like the get up and go of the GTI, I much prefer the longer legs
>of
>the Rocco.
>I located a tranny out of a '78 rocco (Only MkI I have found). The guy will
>take it out for $125.00. I may just take it and swap for the close ratio
>tranny.
>
>Julie Macfarlane
>'81 Scirocco (Mom)
>'83 Rabid Jackalope GTI (Baby)