RE: Speedo cables.

> Well last weekend we were cruising down to SIR with two way radios... and
> everyone else claimed their speedos said 100KPH and well, mine said
> 120KPH.... is there a different speedo cable for a widebox trannny?  I
> replaced the blown short box with a widebox.... 'twas all I could find.

Marie -

The end gear on the speedo cable differs depending on the final drive ratio.
The red gear is for 3.67 and the white gear is for 3.89 and 3.94.
Replacement gears are around $5.00 at the dealership.   I found the easiest
way to remove the gear is to just break it with a hammer :)

Here's a list of gear ratios:
http://www.scirocco.org/gears/

HTH!

Greg :)