Re: Recaro interior......and questions.

Gary, I have the Jetta Recaros in my Scirocco as well.  They will slide right
in, but the first thing I noticed is that they sit way too high.  You can  not
switch out with the bases from your old seats.  I viewed every route possible,
but saw no way other than cutting and welding.  I was able to get them about an
inch lower in the back by pulling out the stoppers on the worm gear and
powering them down well past that point to where I started to bend the metal.
They are really sweet looking and have nice side to side thigh support, but I
think that the factory Scirocco seats are built better.

What I did about the collapsing foam is switch out the lower half right side to
left side and vice versa.  If you just unbolt the back rests and switch you
will have your controls in the right spots.  The collapsed area will be on the
inside of the passenger seat, and not so noticeable.  Doesn't fix the problem,
but makes the driver seat better.

If you figure up something on those seats for making them sit lower I would
love to hear it.

-=Rick
84' 8V Wolfs
Mobile, AL