Re: Recaro interior......and questions.

Are those the black and grey seats with Recaro stiched in ?

I have a set and attempted to put them in my 80 but I found that they sit way
too high even with them at low setting . If you put them next to each other
you will see what I mean when you look at the mounting points .
NO you can not easily just change the bottoms, the Recaros are modular for
fitting in other cars where as the VW ones are made for VW only obviously so
they do not have a detachable mount .

It can be done with some cutting and welding . I have not done mine yet but I
have stared at them for awhile figuring it out :)

Jasin
MK1 16v