Re: Brake Problems

I have actually installed a master cylinder and had the fronts lock up when
the rod inside the booster falls out of place.  Fairly rare, but not so rare
when you 'recently' replaced the master cylinder.  To put it back into
place, there are a couple ways to do it.  First though, it is NOT a fun
job!!  Anyway, the first way is to fish the rod out of the booster.  Then,
if you look inside the booster, you will see three little tabs that the flat
end of the rod is supposte to be in.  You need to get it back in place.  A
few options are:  1.  Put it on the end of the master, slam the master back
in and drive it.  If you can slam on the brakes a few times and hear a loud
POP noise, you've got it.  Another way is to just fiddle with it in the car
until you get it back into place.  The best way, but the most irritating, is
to pull the booster and do it on the bench.  This way atleast you know it
will be right!!  Good luck, HTH, and I hope this ISN'T the problem (but it
sounds like the symptoms)!!!!!

Dave